Monday, November 22, 2010

Attitude of Faith

I must be growing up. I finally realized that my attitude is the only thing I have control over. I've been aware of this fact for sometime, but it's easily forgotten. 

Attitude is more important than the best to the worst moments that make up me. Attitude is more important than what people say, think or do. Attitude is more important than circumstances, money, success, appearances, talents or those things people respect. You have no control over the past nor other people's behavior nor this imminent course called life. I've wasted far too much time letting the negativity of the world disempower me. My next step is to metaphorically toss out The Cynic's Guide to Life and replace it with a daily reminder to have an attitude of grace. God knows that I need constant reminding.



I'm no Pollyanna and I don't pretend to possess an infectious aura of positivity. I just want to reprogram my unconscious bias of negativity to be more positive. I want my daughters to have an attitude based in faith so
I must continually do the same for myself.

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen" (Hebrews 11:1).